As of right now, the Shikra is the best DLC-Jet in KotH. Best cannon damage combined with high ammo count, aswell as highest speed, turning radius, acceleration, climb rate and, last but not least, the highest AA count of all jets.
In other words, if you want to kill all jets reliably, you have to buy a shikra, otherwise you cannot gain control over a fight.
This should change, along with the loadouts of the other jets, right now the only used jets are the Shikra for its good stats, the Neo for its tankiness and its cannon and the A-10, which is mostly used for the ATGMs.
All other jets are too lackluster in order to be even remotely viable.
I'd like to make a few suggestions with this post.
- Lower AA count to 2 missiles. There is no reason that the most agile jet should also get the highest AA payload.
- Lower the ammo count of the cannon to a maximum of 200. There is no reason why this jet should have as much ammo as the Gryphon. It shoots 30mm which seems to do way more damage than the 20mms of the 2 other DLC jets.
- Higher ammo count on main cannon, maybe ~1200 rounds. In my opninion this seems to be needed in order to be able to shoot any old jet, since they seem to take insane amounts of hits before blowing up.
- Lower the price to 10.000$. It seems like it's rarely bought, maybe that is due to the high price tag.
- Higher ammo count on main cannon to ~1000. Same reasoning as for the Wasp. Low damage per shot. It seems as if a lot of bullets would riccochet off the jet if shooting at angles from like 1-25°.
This jet seems to have a little something of everything, yet it exceeds at nothing.
I would personally suggest it gets a more CAS/AT oriented loadout, featuring AP Shriekers on pylons 3 & 5, GBUs on pylons 1 & 2. Pylon 4 could carry 1 Scalpel (not the 3x pod, a single one) or, which might be more interesting, a pod of DAGRs, while pylon 6 could get carry a pod DARs or an AA missle.
Pylon config taken from : https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/armedassault/images/6/65/Arma3-Buzzard-Loadout.png/revision/latest?cb=20170715090012
I would put the AP Shriekers on one wing so that the pilot does not constantly need to constantly steer left-right when shooting them, since they should be used precisely, not as spam weapons.
Price might need to be lifted if this new loadout would prove too effective.
Loadout could stay the same. I'd reduce the price a bit though, as this jets is basically defenseless against other jets, since it handles so slug-ish. It's slow, has basically no acceleration; it basically relies on base AA or other jets to stay alive, otherwise it is pretty much dead.
As with the Wipeout, the loadout is fine. Price can as far as I am concerned stay where it is.